Dr. Gowin Ukpiama Billy Agha
Board Chairman, WUTA Nigeria
- Team Leader and CEO Atlantic Power, Nig. Ltd
- Managing Director and CEO Biden Marine Nig. Ltd
- Chairman and CEO Leewen Oil and Gas Nig. Ltd
- Member Board of Directors Fontell Vave Corporation, Dallas Texas, USA.
- Chairman Texas Technology Consulting Group, (TTCG) Houston Texas, USA
- Oil and Gas Experience. Over 35 Years
- BSc Geology
- Diploma, Pet. Eng,
- Oil and Gas, Exploration, Production and Processing.
- Sc. Management (Honoris Causa)
Among other Institutions attended were;
- University of Benin, Benin city, Nigeria
- Oxford University, Oxford UK
- Southern Methodist University (SMU) Dallas USA
- Stanford University, Stanford, California USA
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation / Petroleum Inspectorate 1978 to 2012
- Delivered the Nigeria Geophysical offshore Speculative Surveys and subsequent interpretation for value ranking of open Nigeria Offshore Oil and Gas Concessions.
- Led the Exploration team that discovered Oil and Gas in Lagos Nigeria Benin basin
- Delivered the wedge concept for geological field mapping and reservoir Sand Iso-paching, for full reservoir drainage. Solved the problem of erroneous production over estimated Stock Tank Barrel
- Part developed the Nigerian Gas Master Plan and Policy
- Created great innovations, on delivering the Engineering and Technological solutions to NNPC Corporate complex Projects (O&G Production, Flow Stations, Pipelines, Terminals, Jetties, Tank farms and Refineries), Information Technology, Telecommunications, Cost Engineering, Engineering Designs, Research & Development, Health Safety, Environment & Security(HSE&S)
- Delivered the first ever Nigeria Gas Regulations.
- Developed the concept, formula and enforcement of the Domestic Gas Obligations, (DGO) as a solution to the inconsistency on domestic gas supply by producers to the Domestic sector utilization (Power plants and related Industries).
- Successfully dry docked and brought back NNPC giant Tanker MT Tuma from Brazil to Nigeria
- Developed the Nigerian Low Hanging Fruit Gas utilization concepts for utilization of flared gas.
- Constant liaising with the National Boundary Commission and the Revenue Mobilization, Allocation, and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) for production allocation to Oil Producing State on 13% revenue derivation
- Updated the Environmental Guidelines and standards for the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry (Upstream, Midstream and Downstream)
- Chaired the Oil and Gas industry wide committee that reviewed the United Nation Environmental report on Ogoni land
- Part Notured the West African Gas Project from Nigeria, through Republic of Benin, Via Togo to Ghana
Learning & Development
Undergone numerous development assignments and courses in Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Engineering and Management with, Government, NNPC, Joint Venture partners and others in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Austria, France, Spain United States of America, Canada, Brazil, UAE, Qatar, Thailand, China, South Africa and Nigeria